Thursday, May 3, 2007

I Hate Sean Hannity

While this is a true representation of my opinion, it also happens to be the name of a very good website which monitors and chronicles Hannity's hate speech/idiocy.

Here is a sample:

"Here is the secret formula for an hour of a Hannity radio broadcast:

1. Bring up a news point (1 minute)
2. Complain about how the liberal-biased media has taken it out of proportion (14 minutes)
3. Whine about how liberals are ruining the country, even if it has nothing to do with the news story (45 min)

Try it! I've put a clock to him over and over again. He is trying like crazy to become famous for being more outrageous than Ann Coulter. Forget it Sean, she has something you'll never have. Balls."

I made the mistake of listening to Sean "interview" Bernard McGurk (sp?) from the Imus program, the other day. It was an insensible diatribe against "political correctness" and an exercise in misdirection and also sour grapes. McGurk seemed to feel "we treated everyone the same," Irish, Catholic, Jew, black, women, etc. and he proceeded to prove it by reading as many offensive racist and hateful "jokes" as he could in 15 minutes. He also said it was "a locker-room mentality." I am not sure why he felt that this was somehow exonerating him.

When I say that he said these two things, I mean it! He must have said them each two dozen times, sometimes strung together and peppered with disgusting jokes like this: " Why don't Iraqis get circumcised? So they have a place to hide their chewing gum during a sandstorm." Lovely.

The actual Hannity website is here. I noticed that they are on the ABC Radio network. When I visited it, the banner was showing an ad for Pepto-Bismol, ironically.

He also mentioned that there are two call in lines the regular line (3-6PM EST)
800.941.7326 and the "Hate Hannity" line, "if you are a liberal." I can't find the Hate Hannity Hotline # on the website. Too bad. I will keep looking.

No comments: